When it comes to you and your family’s financial future, it’s better to start preparing sooner rather than later for life’s great anticipated moments, as well as the obstacles sometimes put in our way. It’s never too early to plan for your retirement or college education costs for your existing or even future children. It’s never too early to protect your family from unexpected health problems. Peggy Romero & Associates Insurance will work with you to determine which retirement insurance products will help you reach your long term financial goals.
What is Retirement Insurance?
Retirement insurance can focus on three important factors:
- Health care
- Supplemental income
- Life insurance
Retirement Insurance is a way to help future retirees plan for and maintain the type of retirement they envisioned for themselves, rather than being reduced to barely scraping by. Many life insurance policies provide an age at which money can be paid out without penalty once the policy has matured. These payments, added to pensions and social security can help a retiree maintain a life style that’s comparable to how they were living while working. Some plans focus more on ensuring you have adequate medical insurance coverage.
Who Needs Retirement Insurance?
It is a good idea for everyone to have some type of retirement insurance plan in place, aside from their pension plans. Social Security has been dwindling away and at some point, will be non-existent, so taking steps while you are younger to ensure your financial well-being is better than assuming that you will have the Social Security benefits that older members of your family now enjoy.
Some quick facts about why you need retirement insurance in Oregon:
- 1 in 6 people retire with debt around $100,000.
- Life expectancy has increased where 65 was the mortality age not that long ago, people are living to 87 or even 90! You need your money to last longer.
- Changes in the economy and not being able to foresee where taxes and inflation are headed may deplete any savings you have.
- Health care and long term care uses about 15% of a retiree’s funds.
- Unforeseen medical conditions force many people to retire medically before they had planned, thus having reduced pension payouts and social security benefits.
How Much Retirement Insurance Do You Need?
Deciding which financial investments or plans to participate in can be overwhelming. The process to figure out how much money you will need to live comfortably may seem complicated. You’ll need to consider what housing bills you’ll have and what health care costs you might have down the road.
Other bills need to be taken into account, as well as what kind of activities you’ll want to partake in during your golden years. You need a trusted professional to assist you in understanding the best way for you to reach your financial goals for retirement.
In Oregon, Peggy Romero & Associates have the knowledge and experience to get you where you need to be. They can review your 401k and pension plans. They can help get you in the correct traditional or Roth IRA plan and work with you on investing your annuities for a maximum return.
What Kind of Family Life Protection do you need?
After ensuring you have your retirement plan in place and you’ve got enough funds put away for your child’s education, how do you go about keeping your family’s financial security? Life has a way of throwing obstacles in your way. There are insurance products available to safeguard your assets. Disability insurance is available if you are injured and can’t work to support your family. There are insurances to help if you are incapacitated from cancer or an accident.
- Long term care insurance will make sure your assets are not depleted if you can no longer live independently and need to reside in a nursing home or assisted living situation.
- Life insurance will keep your family financially afloat should you no longer be there to provide for them.
- It also is wise to do estate planning to make sure your finances are distributed the way you wish after you’re gone.
Peggy Romero & Associates in Portland, Oregon can do more than help protect what you own. We can also help you protect your most important assets: your family and financial future through your investment in retirement insurance. We will work with you to identify your family’s needs and provide you with strategies that can help you achieve your goals.
We offer all of the following types of retirement insurance:
Family Life Protection
- Life insurance
- Estate planning
- Long term care
- Disability insurance
- Cancer, accident & hospital indemnity insurance
IRAs and Retirement
- 401k and Pension reviews
- Traditional and Roth IRAs
- College savings plans
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
Call 503-255-7828 for a quote!